Security Tips to Protect Your Business
Privacy Tips for Businesses
Transparency Builds Trust
- Be open and honest about how you collect, use and share consumers’ personal information. Think about how the consumer may expect their data to be used. Privacy practices that are perceived as bad or “creepy” can harm your company’s reputation.
- True transparency requires clear communication through multiple channels. Don’t count on your privacy notice as your only tool to educate consumers about your data practices.
- Communicate clearly and concisely to the public about what privacy means to your organization and steps you take to achieve and maintain privacy. Build trust by doing what you say you will do.
- Explain to all employees what privacy means to the organization and the role they have in making sure privacy is achieved and maintained. Designate and empower a privacy officer to take responsibility for ensuring that your privacy promises are kept.
Be Aware of What’s Being Shared
- Be open and honest about how you collect, use and share personal information. Any options you provide consumers to control their personal information should be easy to use and effective.
- Educate employees about the value and impact of protecting consumer and employee information as well as their role in keeping it safe.
- Conduct due diligence and maintain oversight of partners and vendors. You are also responsible for how they collect and use personal information.
Personal information is like money. Respect it. Protect it.
- Consumers’ personal information may be valuable for your business, but it’s also something they value.
- Follow reasonable security measures to keep individuals’ personal information safe from inappropriate and unauthorized access.
- Collect and use personal information only if it is needed for the purposes you have stated or required by law. Dispose of personal information safely and securely when it is no longer needed.
Start your 14-day Trial of Anti-Malware PRO!
Get Full Protection No credit card required money back guarantee
Start Your 14 Day Trial Today!